Bob Lange

















Bob was more than just a friend of the family.  Bob was the guy that went out with my dad and I on the day my sister was born, the guy that had us all over at his house to watch Union College play in the Division III football championship which would be the only time they were ever televised.  He was a tall guy, always in good shape, and great friend to my father.  I know that my dad wishes now that they could have spent more time together, but he'll always have the great memories of the times they spent together.

Bob passed on Sunday of a sudden heart attack while he was out for a jog.  Click the link below for a great story from ABC about his life as a producer, and as a proud father of three children and a loving husband to his wife Lisa.  He will be missed.

1 comments:

Carolyn Simon Noon said...

This is my favorite quote:

'John Zucker, the senior vice president of law and regulation at ABC, who worked with Bob for more than two decades at CBS and ABC, said some of the words that best describe him include "decent, responsible, patient, honest, self-effacing and wryly funny, in that Eeyore sort of way… simply put, a mensch. An absolute mensch."'

Bob certainly was an Eeyore, but not in a mopey kind of way. When I was little, he never talked down to me--he made me feel respected. I still hear his voice and his laugh, what a one-of-a-kind guy.

Copyright © 2008 - The Simon Chronicles - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template